Sunday, August 9, 2026

Never Give Up HOPE

(NOTE: I will add pictures tomorrow (Sunday). I am very tired right now. Be much blessed - BP)

screenshot--credit_Yuang Xu

The Love that Strengthens and Never Fails

With the help of the precious and Holy Spirit, I put together a little heartfelt package to inspire, encourage and help others, God willing. It reflects where I’ve been spiritually, fighting hard – alone with Jesus. It is good to have a friend or two who understand, but Jesus is the friend we ALL need. He never wearies or tires of us…unless we are ungrateful complainers, or worse.

Even then, He will draw us to steer us toward repentance so that He can forgive us. However, He never forces anyone, and He will not contend forever.

When darkness surrounds the soul, there is a silent knowing that other brethren are going through the same thing. It doesn’t need to be spoken, but it does help to talk things out. Sometimes everyone needs comfort, needs to be heard, needs to be understood.

We are in a real war, and the enemy is relentless. His fury is immeasurable; his hatred is bloodthirsty and insatiable. Yet, we have an Advocate who has overcome the enemy and has overcome the world. [Jn 16:33] We all long for the days that this spiritual war with Satan/Lucifer and his legions is finally over. Christ is the Victor.

We are one “Body” in Christ Jesus (Yeshua), who is the Head. The Body cannot exist or live without the Head – how beautiful and wise are the ways of the Lord.

A Raging Battle

When we pass through turbulent waters churning up waves of hopelessness, or stand in the fiery furnace of the world’s most heated troubles vicious tyrants, we can be confident that the same Lord God (Adonai) who assured us that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever [Heb 13:8] still stays very close to us, even in His silence.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon you. [Is 43:2]  KJV      

I was looking for a song, one of the old-fashioned hymns…like the Old Rugged Cross, or It Is Well (With My Soul). There was a need to think of the Lord through music, and to worship Him. I wanted my heart to be grateful, not wallowing in self-pity. Amazing Grace popped up, but just before I clicked upon the familiar version, an extended title caught my eye.  It said, ‘Amazing Grace Fell Like Rain’. Intriguing.

I searched out the title and lyrics, and in truth, I could easily echo the words. How many times does one go through a dark night of the soul? It depends on the soul, depends on the number of times a tragedy in life or a spiritual crisis has struck. It depends on several things.

Now for a true confession. Depression is something I have fought for a long time, off and on throughout my life, but now there is Jesus. He makes all things bearable. The garment of praise is worn for the spirit of heaviness, yet like a trustworthy boomerang, and for reasons unknown, depression returns. Praise Jesus for being a solid Rock.

Despite all that, there is a joy knowing Jesus. He truly is an unexplainable strength, wholly reliable. He is our hope, our strong tower, our shield. He is everything good.

Below I will post the lyrics that summed up a fair amount of what has going on within me, deep below the surface (or perhaps, not so deep) … I am extremely grateful to have a good friend in the flesh.

Yet in the Spirit, Jesus can be the best friend of any who will draw close and abide in Him (be one in Him, and He in you), just as He was in the Father, and Abba (the Father) was in Jesus.

We Must Learn to Trust

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. [Prov 3:5, 6]

This flesh will remain imperfect until the day we are changed [all born-again believers], in the twinkling of the eye z], the day of resurrection                                                                                                                                          or rapture, whichever the Lord chooses.

The best thing I ever did was to finally surrender, wholly, gladly! Commitment was not surrender, but I did not differentiate. Surrender would be the best move anyone (including you) can make too.

If you have already – bravo! Whether I want to or not, I will let you down. They will let you down (disappoint/fail), and you will let them down too. Yet I can confidently say that Yeshua (our Jesus) will never let you down.

Sure, guaranteed; there will be times in this life that stuff happens and we don’t get why God did not stop it, especially when we know He surely could have. We read the Word and we think we understand and know God, but then something happens in our life, and we cry out, “Why!? Why didn’t You do something?!”

We might wonder what we did to deserve this “punishment” because it might ‘feel’ like He is displeased with us and that is why this tragedy has happened. The heart is searched for sin, any sin, all sin. We think He must be punishing us. Why else must we suffer with pain [whether internal, external, or both] so long. Or why else are some of us unable to walk; some unable to move, or others still unable to see, or hear or, or, or... We may accuse Jesus/God of being unfair, unjust, or worse, unloving.

We may ask Him to bring a certain person back and to take us, but God does not roll that way. El Shaddai, God Almighty – Yahweh – He is good and His mercy does endure forever. The day will come when we will understand, but maybe, not now.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return to the LORD [Adonai], and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God [Yahweh], for He will abundantly pardon.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts; neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. [Is 55:8]

Perhaps you have not had anything happen to you in life that would bring you to that desperate, frustrated, and perhaps, even if momentarily, that angry point in time with your Creator, the true living God that you have loved and served.

Guard your healthy fear of the Lord. Respect that He is GOD, and there is no other. He is the true, living God, and He always has a remnant, always. Ask forgiveness if your emotions caused you to be rude, disrespectful, or a complainer and grumbler.

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; [2Cor 10:5]

Jesus IS merciful. He will forgive and not bring it back up. [Micah 7:19] As people we tend to ‘forgive’, but we do not forget. Some still have animosity whenever they think of the person who did them wrong (that’s not forgiveness), especially if you bring it back up when you become angry at something again.

Let it go, and truly trust God to take care of it, in His way, and in His timing. That can be hard, I know. We may learn “why” further up the road, or we may not learn why until we meet Him in heaven. Will anything on earth seem important once we leave these earthen vessels, and leave the only ‘home’ (earth) that we have ever known?

He can be trusted to do the best for us in the long-run.

 At the end, I will provide the link to the song. For now, these are the lyrics.

Amazing Grace Fell Like Rain

I was carrying a thousand worries, like stones inside my chest

Smiling thru the pain of living, but my soul could find no rest

 I had wandered thru the silence, far from who I used to be

Then a quiet voice in darkness said, “My child, come back to Me

And when the night felt endless, I felt mercy hold my hand.

 

Amazing grace fell like rain on the driest parts of me

When my heart forgot its purpose, You still saw what I could be

Amazing grace gave me peace, when my world was torn apart

And the love I could not find here, You planted in my heart

 

There were battles no one noticed hidden deep behind my smile

I was losing faith in tomorrow, walking empty mile by mile

But you never stopped pursuing, even when I turned away

Thru the sorrow and confusion, you were lighting up my way

When I thought the road was over, heaven whispered through my pain

 

Amazing grace fell like rain on the driest parts of me

When my heart forgot its purpose, You still saw what I could be

Amazing grace gave me peace, when my world was torn apart

And the love I could not find here, You planted in my heart

 

You were there inside the silence; You were there inside the storm

When I thought that I was broken, You were making something more

Not perfection, not religion, just a love that set me free

And the mercy I was chasing was already chasing me

Amazing grace came beside me, when the fear was closing in

Be my shelter thru the valley, be my strength when I feel weak

Amazing grace lead me home, when these tired eyes finally see

That the peace I searched forever was You walking next to me

Was You walking next to me

Amazing grace…You never stopped loving me

Never stopped loving me

Never stopped loving me

-===============================

By Mikhail Bennett, Rose Bennett, Christian Grace

Released July 2026

-===============================================

True Confessions…and That’s Okay ðŸ˜Š

I shared some things I do not typically share [depression], but there are others who suffer silently too. Thanks in part to the prosperity gospel, there are those who believe that a Christian is not meant to be depressed, not meant to have any sickness, not meant to live at poverty level, not ever question their faith or any other critical question.

That is not realistic. The prosperity gospel, in part, is responsible. The enemies of the cross plant their seeds of deception as well. But we serve the most incredible God. There are no adequate words to describe either Jesus or the Sovereign, Providential Yahweh.

For a couple of decades, I have tried to describe Him, but this writer has not been successful in it [smiles – I am in good company, I hear].  He is dependable, and always has a listening ear.

Dark Night of the Soul

That being said, I recently went through what has been named from centuries ago as a “dark night of the soul”. It is surely not the first time, but I pray it is the last. This dark night is a time when a war-weary soul hits a dark period, completely exhausted – physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually – from life’s battles, which are at times daily.

The struggles deep within are confusing and painful, a time that one goes through very much alone (more often than not), feeling abandoned by a world void of understanding or compassion. It is a time that a mask might go on, one that convinces observers that everything is okay. We may share events or things that are happening with a trusted friend, but keep the turmoil churning inside to ourselves.

PASS the TEST

We want people to know God is good, and He definitely is, but we may be struggling with hopelessness and misunderstanding of the Lord’s ways, which is devastating to our spirit. We want to appear strong, but feel the weakest we have ever felt.

We do not want to be a hypocrite, but at the same time, we do not want to complain, or worse yet, we do not want to trip others up, and discourage them. So, we carry the burden alone, not knowing what to say to our precious Lord.

People believe you are strong, when inside you feel so weak. As a Christian, one wants to show few, if any, can see past what is usually expressed as anger, or stress, or busyness…or even depression. Few see it as the crisis it is, where the soul is experiencing a type of dismantling, a deep emotional pain, a disconnect from the world, from others, and – even from God.

We might feel crazy with the mixture of emotions and pretending to be stronger than we are, but we are not crazy…at least, we hope we are not. What it does mean is that we are going through a purging. Things that are not of God are being exposed and the dross is surfacing.

Growing pains are a reality. It is not a physical pain, but it is a very deep, harsh pain. Our faith is being tested. It is being tried more than it ever has been before. I have spoken in the past about Job, and Abraham, and Moses, and Joseph.

 Faith Will Be Tested

I posted a scripture that helps us to remember that Jus as a Samurai sword is tested before it is used in battle, so our faith is tried (tested) to see if we will stand, and having done all…to stand.

He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold for a servant: Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: Until the time that his word (promise) came: the word of the LORD (Adonai/Yahweh) tried (tested) him. [Ps 105:17-19]

Many give up at this point. I know I almost did. Not on Jesus, not on God, but on any hope of glorifying Him, or doing something that will please Him, or the promises I believe to come to fruition, or even staying strong to the end.

Help me, Lord. I can’t take any more. Why, why must I go through this? What have I done? Why won’t it end? Surely I am being punished for something and I don’t know what. I know I have attitude sometimes; or a curse word slips out. I hate when my mouth shames me.

I am surrounded by those who cuss. I grew up with it, spoke it, ahh Lord, help me to be what You want me to be. Help me to make it to the end. I love You Lord. You ARE good. You have done so much for me. (And the tears fall…endlessly. Save me from myself, Lord.)

The pain is daily, unable to walk far. Stairs are a killer. I imprison myself, rarely going out because four stairs bring great pain. Lord, I know others suffer so much more, but I can’t compare myself to others, Lord. I can’t… But like Paul, I do things I do not want to do, and do not do the things I should.

I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.  [Rom 7:15-18] ESV (English Standard Version)

Fight the Good Fight

It’s a dark night where it is hard to see anything clearly. A wondering of purpose, an aloneness, a sense that no one understands, a horribly lonely feeling. It is a type of inner breakdown, a deep searching of the soul – a painful purging.

When a person is in that dark night, they deal with thoughts and feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and yes, anger. It is not meant to be a time of destruction, but a time for new beginnings, new strength, new wisdom, new growth…no matter the age.

A loving parent longs to help their child when if they even suspect their child is going through a dark night of the soul. But it is like the butterfly struggling to come out of the cocoon. If the butterfly is helped, or if someone peels open the chrysalis early, the limbs can be torn or become deformed.

When the butterfly breaks free, it has to hang upside down immediately. It is so their little heart can pump fluid into the wings so they will expand. If someone handles the butterfly as soon as it comes out, they could cause it to die because without hanging upside down the wings will dry and harden. The wings will dry and shrivel up; it will never fly and it will die.

When a person comes out of a dark night of the soul, they may feel disoriented slightly (like things are upside down), but it is for our own good. That is usually when God is quiet…and some may think He does not care, or for others, that He is not real. But He does care, and He is real.

I sent this to each of my children (now grown adults), and said to them:

I believe you can relate to this song. As your mother, I want you to know I love you deeply, ever since the moment you came out of my womb and I first laid eyes upon you, and held you in my arms. You have become a fine person – each one of you, different, yet one of you, such a gift to me (a gift undeserved, but grateful I am)

I made so many mistakes; I did my best with no backup. Its too bad because I believed in God/Jesus all my life, but didn’t really have a solid relationship with Him. When I lost all of you in 1994 that time that I was in the hospital for a month, after a night of abuse with your father, I turned to Jesus – but with the wrong motive. I didn’t turn to Him to repent of my sins, but so that I could get my children back.

He is so patient, so good, He never forces Himself on us. He wants people to come willingly. He’s amazing…

May this song minister to you as it did me

The “names” attached as the writers and singers of the song are fictitious AI characters. They are not real people. And the video that someone put together is totally AI-generated. Then they put it on YouTube (and probably TikTok, Facebook or whatever).

AI characters and AI videos totally annoy me. I just do not like them, but I like this song.

Be much blessed, my child. I love you for always, I love you forever; as long as I’m living, my baby you will be. (heart)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcl9DEbHfak&list=RDGIdMoa2zTVw&index=2

You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusted in You. Trust in the Lord forever: for in the Lord Jehovah (Yhvh) is everlasting strength: [Is 26:4] KJV

for His glory alone

Bonita                        dovesofthevalleys4@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment or email at: dovesofthevalleys4@gmail.com