Wednesday, February 10, 2016

God Speaks in the Silence


Brethren, I have spent a quiet day with the Lord and there are things that I've come to understand, or in some instances, things that the Holy Spirit brought back to remembrance. It is because I know that many of you are going through your own trials and testing of faith that my heart is to share with you. We are all in this together, as the Body of Christ.

The first thing I know we are to do when going through anything is to humble ourselves before the Lord, ask the Holy Spirit to search the heart; repent if and when needed. We have to keep guard and keep a repentant heart.

The Word of God says (I will paraphrase here) that if I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries, and even if I have faith to move mountains and have not love, then, I am as a clanging cymbal...I am nothing.


I know that many in the Body of Christ are suffering right now, in a hard place that has their heart in a place where it is so fragile that is akin to raw skin exposed to air.  

I know that they long to understand what they are going through and  to hear God speak. If God gives me a word that has been a great comfort to me, and I know that same word will comfort brothers and sisters who are hurting, shall I not share the same because of the love for and because of the love of God, and love for others?

The Lord cares for the fragile hearts. He brings a healing balm and covers them with  a protective shield. God is the shield and Jesus Christ is the healing balm.


Is there no balm in Gilead; is there no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of My people recovered? [Jer 8:22]

The God of my rock, in Him will I trust: He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; You save me from violence. [2Sam 22:3]

I share with you the Word that our Lord gave me. I came to a full understanding that in the trials (of faith), He does not deny us our feelings. However, let us not complain or murmur nor ask God to justify His reasoning. O be strong! We tend to think that God does not care when crises strike, or suffering and sorrow grips our hearts, yet nothing could be further from the truth.

If we can forget the past, forgive (if necessary) and lay down our lives and trust Jesus, then doubts (the unhealthy kind), fear and unbelief cannot rule over us. You see, we may wonder why Peter became afraid when he was walking on the water, when Jesus was RIGHT THERE with him, standing on the water Himself.

We wonder how Peter could have any doubts when Jesus bid him to come to him. We came to learn that when Peter took his eyes off Jesus and his brain comprehended that he (Peter) was doing something that was impossible (defied logic), Peter panicked and became afraid. Doubts (fearful kind) immediately fostered unbelief. He sunk. 


He was doing a crazy, abnormal thing. He was doing the impossible. 

"People don't walk on water, Peter. Have you gone mad? Look at those huge waves! Are you sure that is Jesus on the water? Are you sure you're not just seeing things? What if it's all in your head! Do you see any of the other guys stepping out of the boat?" (a demon might have whispered). 


"What am I doing? No one else got out of the boat. Oh no, I can't do this...I, I can't handle this; it's...it's too much. I must be seeing things. Maybe that isn't Jesus." 

Peter rubs the splashing water out of his eyes, just in case he is seeing things. He is sure that he sees Jesus, but he quickly looks down at the crashing waves. The wind is blowing his hair into his eyes and mouth. It is blowing his robe all over the place. Confusion sweeps over him; adrenaline rushes through him; fear takes hold...


"Maybe, maybe I have lost my mind! Long nights fishing. My God, this water is violent and the wind, ohh, the wind...! 

(A demon may whisper): What if you drown? What if you are swept away and no one in the boat can reach you? Are you sure that is Jesus? Has He said to you to 'come' -- or were you hearing things in your own mind?

Peter became afraid, even though Jesus was RIGHT THERE!
 "Lord, save me!" [Mat 14:30], he cried out.

Well, Jesus was RIGHT THERE ... and right here, with us now, through all that we are going through. Even if things look impossible, Jesus still calms the raging waters. Look to Christ (Anointed One), the Messiah (Deliverer, Saviour)!

The commandments that Jesus spoke of that we are to obey is to love God first, with all our heart, all our soul, all our mind and all our strength; and to love our neighbour as ourselves. An example of that would be the story of the good Samaritan.

A priest and a Levite saw a man alongside a road who had been overtaken by thieves that stripped him of his clothes and beat him so badly that he was half dead. Most of us know what happened next.

A Samaritan came by who was moved to compassion for the man. He attended to his wounds, mounted him upon his beast (the Bible does not say whether it was a horse, donkey, camel) that carried him to an inn to rest and recover. He paid all expenses.

After Jesus told the story, He asked the people: Which now of these three, think you, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? [Lk 10:36]

Did you ever understand that Jesus is (and was) as that good Samaritan? He comes to us when everyone else passes us by, avoiding us like a leper. He binds up our wounds, and carries us to a place of safety, a refuge. We can rest in Him and heal; He has already paid the price in advance.

There are physical and spiritual ways to attend to the wounds, to carry another to a place where they can rest and recover. As you read the following, may your heart abound in peace, the peace that God promises to those who trust in Him, the peace that passes all understanding. 

And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep (guard) your hearts and mind through Christ Jesus. [Phil 4:7]

Let your love and faith in God and His Son Jesus the Christ (Yeshua) arise. Keep faith cemented upon the Rock, the very foundation upon which our house is built. God will see us through this trial. We need only look to His Word to see His faithfulness down through the ages.

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. [Heb 13:8]
                   -------------------------------------
February 9, 2016


All power is Mine; I am fully in control. When outward circumstances appear before you as Goliath; when you have come up against your own Red Sea and every demon in hell is giving chase after you to bring you back into captivity, into bondage or even to kill you; when you have been thrown into prison, and lies (Satan'sare the pounding waves that you hear in your ears… be still and know that I am God. [Ps 46:10]


I still bring down the giant (Goliath) when one trusts in Me and acts in faith [1Sam 17:50]. 

a great exodus

I still make a way where there seems to be no way, as in the parting of the Red Sea. [Ex 14:21, 22]
 

I still am with you in the prison and shall bring you forth in due season. [Gen 41:14] It is all for the sake of My people, but for My glory.

Waiting is never easy when time is “on your hands”.  Yet remember, I am outside of time. My timing is always ‘right on time’. Be patient just a little longer. Let your faith smile in My face and let your trust in Me prove your love for Me. 


I am He who shall shut the mouths of the lions (that roar forth lies), and that seek to devour you. I shall deliver you out of your troubles. I am He who cares for the sparrow that falls; how much more do I care for thee?

I am molding those into My image, whose eyes are stayed upon Me, who are laying down all, in order to follow Me. Many do not want to hear this. There are “things” they do not want to let go of, but I promise that those who lay it all down shall indeed render twice the reward.


When repentance is genuine, there is change – change in the heart. I am not a small God who cannot understand the frailties and the hardships of the flesh, yet I have overcome. When I was in the world I overcame, and so shall those who trust in Me and hold fast to their faith. [Rev 12:11] 



My angels watch over you and go forth at My command doing My will. 
[Ps 91:11]

Fear not; neither be afraid. I am doing things “behind the scenes”; wonders that you cannot imagine. Look into My eyes and do not concern yourself with what My hands are doing, for My work is for the good and not for evil. [Jer 21:11] 
Let the waters rage, for I shall soon command their stillness. [Mk 4:39]
Let My perfect work be accomplished in you, as well as in those you are praying for. Wait patiently. 


Work is being done and accomplished that you cannot see, but the results of that work shall soon manifest. The onslaught does not last forever. The trying (testing) of your faith is to prove you; to perfect you; to bring you to the place that I have ordained for you. Do not fear the fire, even when the flames are fanned. I am with you.

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: [1Pet 1:7]


Every time victory is assured, have you not seen how the opposite seems to be the reality? Think hard upon this. Understand and accept the truth of it. Hold fast to your faith. Shun doubt, for it leads to unbelief. It is the seed from which unbelief blossoms. Selah –  Faith pleases Me.

And he (Jesus) said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw (looked at the outward appearances/circumstances) the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink (consumed by his situation), he cried, saying, Lord, save me

And immediately (ever-present help in time of trouble) Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O you of little faith, wherefore did you doubtAnd when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased[Mat 14:29-32]

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you. [1Pet 5:6, 7]

Blessed is the man that trusts in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. [Jer 17:7]
/-------------------------------

Let us hold fast to our King and keep our faith, hope and love in the Lord. He has never failed any who trust in Him. 

For His merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endures forever. Praise ye the LORD. [Ps 117:2]

for His glory alone

penned by
Bonita                                dovesofthevalleys4@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus for this encouraging word. Bless you my friend for posting this "word in due season".By the grace of God we will endure to the end. When Jesus returns may He find faith in our hearts! Love you Bonita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the LORD, I needed this Word! You just don't know how much I needed to here this. THANK YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To His glory alone, Joy. How much He loves us. When He gave me the word, I too, needed to hear it...and deep within, I knew I was not to keep it to myself. We all need to be patient...just a little longer. Bless you, Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Comment or email at: dovesofthevalleys4@gmail.com